Now that we are separating, what is going to happen with the children?

As parents, you can negotiate and reach an agreement about what is in your child(ren)’s best interest. You can hire an experienced attorney to help you develop your post-separation parenting plan. There are also a number of helpful self-help resources online.

If you and your child’s other parent cannot reach agreement on some or all of the issues, then you can ask the court to decide for you. The law requires courts to make parenting plans that are in the best interests of the child(ren). There are no inflexible, bright-line rules. Instead, each case is evaluated on its own unique facts.

Practice Areas

LGBT Friendly Firm